July 27, 2010

Road Trippin' Across Missouri

My past travels took me across the state of Missouri...along the way I made stops in St. Louis, Jefferson City (the state capital), Springfield, and a return trip to St. Louis.

My first trip to St. Louis was a quick one night stay in which I drove through downtown past the arch and Busch Stadium (home of the Cardinals). I drove along the Mississippi River and had my first true experience with Soul-Food. 'Sweetie-Pies' in St. Louis was delicious...friend chicken, rice, mac-n-cheese, and corn bread. The following morning before departing I crossed off the creepy clown's fast food chain off my bucket list...Jack-in-the-Box...which was surprisingly uninspiring.

Even more uninspiring was the state capital of Missouri. The highlight of my trip was a close tie between the steak at Chili's (which was exactly the same as any steak from one of those chain restaurants) and meeting the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Missouri.

Quite contrary to Jefferson City; Springfield was a diamond in the rough. I went in with very low expectations. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was a minor league baseball team based in Springfield, but I had one of the most excellent trips to a bar that I have ever had. Unable to decide on what to eat...we just walked into a steakhouse and winery called Flame. We made our way downstairs to the bar area to find out it was a red-light lounge. They had a live DJ and there was a bevy of dressed up young ladies down stairs. The reason for the favorable audience was "Stiletto Night" a Springfield Thursday Tradition at Flame. The taller the heels the cheaper the martinis for the women. Afterwards we ventured to a few other bars in Springfield which were filled with college-aged people all having a blast. A location I am looking forward to visiting again in the near future...

The following night I made the return trip to St. Louis. Washington St. in downtown St. Louis had a plethora of good bars. It was my final night with the previous demo team, and we had a blast. We hit four bars in St. Louis and enjoy the company of the locals!

It was an adventure waking up the next morning and catching a plane to San Jose...however, I made it safe and sound. A week out on the west-coast before heading home...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having a good time bro! have a safe trip home

    ReplyDelete