July 06, 2010

Fourth of July

welcome back, I would like to start out by sayin; I hope eveyone enjoyed their holiday weekend...

The 3 day weekend was a great way to finish off the first week of work. Friday evening the team went out for some P.F. Chang's and drinks. I must say it was a first for me dabbling into that brand of restaurant. It was delicious. I also tried a delicious Japanese beer Kirin Ichiban which was quite tasty.

Saturday was much more eventful. Enjoyed watching the Red Fury succeed in its pursuit of world domination at a local bar. Then ventured into downtown Raleigh for the evening. Explored several establishments, and of course broke out the traditonal dance moves. Actually invented some new ones on the spot...the guys got a kick out of it. A video was taking...what else is new lol.

For the fourth we cooked out at a team members house in the area. I learned how to make a delcious mainade...which I will do my best to replicate when I return in a few weeks. After dinner we went out to a dive bar in Raleigh; The Goat is a fairly popular place and it had some great drink specials....so definitely check it out if you ever are in Raleigh.

In addition to getting acquainted with the team I have been trying all types of new things: food, beer, wine, etc. This past weekend I explored the Red Wine world and must say it is delicious. Yellow Tail Shiraz watch out...

Again hope the weekend was spectacular for everyone. I am starting the intense part of training now and am hoping to grasp all this technical jargon. I will be in touch soon with more updates...Minneapolis this Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you enjoyed your holiday. Mrs. Buckley is probably rolling over in her grave reading this blog post because it needs to be edited. That being said, Kirin Ichiban is pretty good, ask Greg I had him try it at a Korean bar last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i wanted an english teachers approval for all my random thoughts i would hire one. thanks el nino for your constructive criticism. and yes Kirin Ichiban is delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ken sounds like your doing well! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete